A team from SIMSR comprising of Binoy Parekh (MMS-Operations), Hardik Shah & Asheeta Shah (MMS-Finance) have won THE SHELL INDIA SOCIAL INNOVATION COMPETITION Finals to grab cash prize Rs 15,000/- and certificates held on 23rd October 2010, at IIFM Bhopal.
This was a national level Social Business Plan competition sponsored by SHELL INDIA held during the Annual CSR INDIA CONCLAVE at IIFM Campus (Bhopal).
73 Teams including IIMs participated for the coveted prize out of which below Mentioned 5 finalists were shortlisted.
1. Team Challengers, IIT Madras and IIT Hyderabad.
2. Nikhil Batra and Aakash Mittal, BIMTECH Noida.
3. Asheeta Kapadia, Binoy Parekh, Hardik Shah, K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research.
4. Gaurav Nigam, Gyan Ranjan, Dhreeteeman Das, MICA.
5. Sankalp Chhabra, Utkarsh Pandey, Ravikash K Pandey, IIFT Kolkata.
The Judging Panel Included eminent personalities like:
• Dinesh Agrawal, General Manager & Head of CSR, NTPC Foundation
• Manu Kapoor, Director, Corporate Affairs, Cairn India
• Anuradha Bhavnani, Head CSR, Shell Foundation
• Parul Soni, Executive Director, Ernst & Young
• Vijay Kumar Gupta, Secretary, Essar Foundation
• Rita Soni, Head Responsible Banking, YES Bank
• Sudhir K Sinha, Country Head-CSR and R & R, ArcelorMittal India
Our team beats MICA to win the first position, which was awarded by Mrs Anuradha Bhavnani- Head CSR, Shell Foundation…This team is on a roll!! Way to go!!